It is now mandatory for all publishers on Flyout to verify ownership of their blogs.
Old publishers can get their verification code by clicking on "Verify Ownership" button on this page - https://flyout.io/publisher/websites/
Currently, we are allowing these 3 verification methods which can easily be done by any publisher.
✅ A. Verify with HTML Meta Tag [Recommended]
If you are using WordPress you can install this plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/
Once the plugin is installed go to settings and click on Insert Headers and Footers and add provided meta tag as shown here.
✅ B. Verify with DNS
Follow the steps below to add the domain verification key in your DNS TXT field:
- Log into your domain host control panel i.e Godaddy, Namecheap or Cloudflare, etc.
- Click the domain that you need to verify with Pressly.
- Access the DNS Management page
- Click the Manage DNS link in the domain settings page.
- In the records table, click Add.
- From the type list, select " TXT "
- In the Host field, enter @. Keep the default TTL value.
- In the TXT Value field, paste the complete domain verification key, you copied earlier from Flyout.
- Click Save to save the new verification record. You’ll see the TXT record added to the Records table.
The above actions may vary based on your domain registrar. If you're unable to find a way to update your DNS host, get help from your web administrator.
✅ C. Verify with HTML File.
Locate the verification file which was downloaded at the time of registering your website on Flyout.
Upload the verification file in the public_html folder.
You can upload this file from WordPress by installing the following plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-file-manager/
You can verify the domain by clicking on the link which was provided and if you are able to view the verification code that means we are able to verify your website.
If you are facing difficulties while submitting your blog to Flyout, or if you have any questions/doubts - feel free to chat with us via the chat widget at the bottom right of the screen or write us on [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.